Friday, January 21, 2011

Kicking the Croup

So, it seems as though Travis has kicked the Croup. He still has a little bit of a cough but for the most part he seems to be feeling so much better (Praise God!). Now we need to figure out why every few nights or so he wakes up much more than the others. Overall he is doing well with sleeping in his own crib at night. The nighttime routine is working and he knows when it is bed time. We are still having difficulty getting him to nap in there. If he happens to fall asleep in his crib for nap time it is generally only a short nap :( He really needs a LONG nap to be a happy boy and make it until a reasonable bedtime. I had hoped we could get the napping-in-the-crib thing down before I went back to work but, we did not want to make him cry it out when his throat was so sore with the Croup....so, mission failed :( I am back to work on Monday so we are out of time. I am hopeful that my mom, who will be watching the kids for me, will be able to get her own system down and that it won't be to difficult for her to manage both kids.

We also heard back on the date for Travis' heart cath. It is scheduled for Feb 4th, two weeks from today! The doctors seem pretty confident that they will be able to open up his aorta without having to have surgery. Let's pray that this is the case!!!

In other news, we are in the market for a minivan. It is getting so difficult to manage both kids in our garage and parking lots with the doors in my CRV that open out. AND, the kid's double stroller is big and clunky too. I can't believe we are at that stage in life were we need a minivan. Talk about moving fast.....we've gone from no kids to 2 in such a short time! Don't worry, #3 is not planned in the near future! ;)

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to read that he is doing better. The crib sleeping will come in time.

    Get an SUV...it is the best of both worlds. We have one with 3rd row seating to accommodate all 4 kids. And, we still have room for a double stroller and 4 wheel drive...which is totally necessary in Ohio.

    I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete